Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Our Wedding Colors


I get this question a lot from people. So I have decided to give the rationale behind our wedding colors! Our color scheme is latte brown, soft blue, soft yellow, and soft green. I love brown! Everything Scott and I own for our future house is brown! He lives in the house now and we have painted all the walls brown too! I am thinking maybe one day I will branch out but for now I am stuck on brown! Blue is Scott's favorite color and Yellow is my favorite color. I loved Green too so my wonderful wedding planner Denise Myers from TruSo Weddings found a way to incorporate it into the mix! You can visit her website at www.trusoweddings.com The picture at the very top just shows the yellow and blue we are focusing on. I had to incorporate the latte brown so we decided to make the bridesmaid's dress brown! The picture of the dress is the bridesmaid dresses I chose.

We decided on using blue, green, and white hydrangeas, light yellow roses, light yellow tulips, light yellow carnations, and daisy's for our flowers. I told my wedding planner the picture I had in my head and she put it all together for me. She is amazing! Here is the look of the flowers but with some yellow added in.

Our wedding ceremony will be held at Bethlehem United Methodist Church in Bethlehem, Georgia. We searched for a while for a church and one day Scott called me to tell me he found the perfect church. We went and looked at it about 3 weeks after getting engaged. We knew as soon as we pulled up we had found our church! It is beautiful. We are just praying for good weather and pretty clouds for pictures!

Our reception will be held at the Carl House. My sister in law Payton and brother in law Mike got married there almost 5 years ago so it is a special place for us. She had told me about it so we decided to go look. Scott immediately wanted to go with the Carl House. I wanted to be indecisive for a while and make sure this was the best option for us. It took me three months but I finally realized no where else we looked compared to the Carl House for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment