Thursday, July 21, 2011

Apple Tree



I was having a conversation with a sweet friend yesterday through text messages. She lost a baby a few years back and I have asked for her advice many times throughout this process. I have been wanting to create a memory of our first baby to always remember it and to always be able to share with our other children that they will have a sister/brother waiting on all of us when we get to heaven. My friend gave me the idea of planting a tree that would be in bloom close to when the baby would have been born. For us, the baby's due date was August 18. So what came to mind was planting an apple tree in memory of our sweet angel.

Why an apple tree? Apples are my favorite fruit especially in the fall when they are sweet & crisp. I think every time I go to taste an apple from that tree it will fill my soul with sweetness...the same sweetness that baby filled me with for three months.

I am excited about planting my apple tree! Now I just have to figure out where to buy one from and how exactly to plant a tree. This should be a fun adventure.

1 comment: