Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Whew! What a day....

Today was a very long day! I thought it would never end. It started with class at 10am.We had our first Cardio III exam at 1pm and it lasted until 4pm. Then I came home to study until 6pm. The girls from my sorority threw the brides a shower. It was so fun but it proved tonight that I am so over the wedding and ready to just be married! The weeks keep getting shorter and shorter. I never get to see Scott and that really stinks! I feel like we live states apart but really he only lives 40 miles away. Our lives are so busy and it is hard to find time in our weeks to make the drive. On an exciting note though, our future home got new carpet today! I can not wait to see it. Scott sent me pictures throughout the day but I can not wait to see it in real person.

Yesterday, Scott and I had our first "marriage" type argument. I was almost in tears and my sweet roommate was laughing at me. She thought it was funny because what we were fighting about was married people problems. Once I calmed down, I laughed with her and then cried some more. Haha all these emotions!

I remember sitting in church a few months back and the pastor saying that the number one problem in marriages is money. I found it hard to believe at the time because I thought money was just money. Nothing materialistic could ruin a marriage is what I thought. Well, yesterday our first married fight was about money! Ha! I did not realize how differently we handled money. We have sat down before to have this conversation and I thought we agreed! Scott and I both have been working through Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace Universtiy but I realized yesterday he has taken it a little more serious than me. I took to the defense when he told me the way he wanted our finances. I felt like he wasn't listening to me or even trying to see if my idea worked too! After thinking for a few hours we both talked again, and I have to say HE WAS RIGHT!

A lesson learned yesterday for us both was that fighting over money is not something we ever want in our marriage. God will provide one way or another as long as we follow him. We need to be responsible with our money but it does not need to be something we argue over or worry about.

We hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment