Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Why these struggles God?

I have been reminded lately of just how much my God loves me. As a little girl you always dream of your big wedding day being perfect and wonderful. You think that the whole planning process will be smooth sailing and everything will go just the way you planned. Well, I found this to be false very quickly after getting engaged. Our engagement has been full of struggles and obstacles. It all started about an hour after we got engaged when many people I loved showed no excitement for me at all. I have learned now that I should have just ignored it but at the time my heart was too insecure to do that. It became a heart issue for me and I clinged to it for a long time. Then, two weeks after our engagement I got a phone call that my mom was in the hospital. She was put in the hospital for a blood clot and come to find out she had 10 pulmonary embolisms. That means she had 10 blood clots in her lungs, which is a very bad thing. My whole world changed right then and there. I never thought that I could possibly lose my mom at such a young age. The thought of not having her at my wedding made me so sad. She stayed in the hospital two weeks and then left. We were told she lacked protein C and Factor V Leiden. She now has to take Coumadin for the rest of her life. I found myself being so mad at God asking Why us God, we have been so faithful . God quickly answered my question by getting my mom more involved in church than ever before. She will tell you now that God rocked our world for a reason and that this struggle only happened to draw her closer to him. In Hebrews 9:14 it says How much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without blemish to God, purify our conscience from dead works to serve the living God. This is a constant reminder that Jesus died for our sins and God loves us so much that he sent his son to die for our sins. If God did not give us struggles and life was always perfect we as humans would stray. God uses struggles to draw us closer to him and he will not give you any struggle that you and him can't handle together. Sometimes he is trying to teach us something, show us his love, remind us of something, or just simply show you he is still here. It is in times of hurt and pain that the most people come to God because they have tried every other alternative and in the end only God is the answer. So even though this wedding process has been extremely stressful and I have been hurt many times, I am constantly reminded that God is awesome and great! Every struggle he gives me only draws me near to him. And the best news is that in eternity all of these struggles will fade! Amen!

When I am having a bad day or just feeling beat up by the world I sing to myself this song:

Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus

O soul, are you weary and troubled?
No light in the darkness you see?
There’s light for a look at the Savior,
And life more abundant and free!

Refrain:
Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.

Through death into life everlasting
He passed, and we follow Him there;
O’er us sin no more hath dominion—
For more than conquerors we are!

His Word shall not fail you—He promised;
Believe Him, and all will be well:
Then go to a world that is dying,
His perfect salvation to tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment