Sunday, June 20, 2010

How Sweet It Is...The McMurray/McMillin Wedding Weekend




This past weekend my dear friend Mary Ellen married her prince charming Drew. It was such a wonderful wedding. I wish I had pictures but we forgot our camera because we left Atlanta at 5am on Friday morning. We were going to go and just buy one but time did not allow that. The weekend started with the rehearsal at the church and then a yummy lunch at the Puffy Muffin in Nashville. It was so nice to catch up with some friends from college and just celebrate our Mary Ellen. Then, we had the rehearsal dinner at the neatest place in downtown Nashville called Cellar One. The McMillin's put on a great dinner and the theme was Mexican. All the tables were brightly colored and we were served margaritas and sangria. The food was awesome. We had the privilege of sitting next to the couple that hosted Mary in New Zealand and a couple that mentored Mary Ellen through college. Mary Ellen and Drew have touched so many peoples lives and as the night went on we all joined in sharing our stories of them and toasted their future marriage. It is far and few between that you meet a friend like Mary Ellen. God put her in my life almost 6 years ago and she has been constant and loyal in my life ever since. We would get up in Auburn and run every morning. Even our freshman year we would do this but at this point in our lives we were so homesick. We would run to this church everyday, cry, and just pray. We saw each other through heartbreaks and lifted each other up when need be. The thing we have most in common besides running though is we both love the Lord. Mary Ellen is a wonderful prayer partner. Even in the hard times we knew that God's plan for us would ultimately prevail and he would provide for us the best husbands he saw best fit for us. Well, this came true for me shortly after my move to Atlanta. I met my Scott and 8 months later we were engaged to be married. Within that engagement month I met Mary Ellen for dinner halfway in Newnan Georgia. She was about to leave for New Zealand and she had this glow about her like I had never seen before. She then proceeded to tell me she met this man but she just didn't know because she was about to go across country for 6 months but she knew something was special. I left that night and called Scott to tell him Mary Ellen had found her husband:) She didn't know that at the time but true love on a person is so evident when they find it. After that night, Scott and I began to pray for their relationship that I knew one day would become a marriage. Their relationship continued while Mary Ellen was in New Zealand through Skype. So cool! And when she got back all it took was a few short months for them to become engaged. I remember when I got that phone call. My heart pretty much stopped because my good friend who deserved the best had now found her prince. It was such an exciting time for both of us and as the time went on we just shared in each other's wedding details and plans. We got married a month apart and honestly it was the best thing ever! We were able to share joy, frustrations, and love with each other. She was so happy for me and I could hardly contain my excitement for her.

Okay, now that I shared my story about our friendship I will skip to the wedding day. It was just perfect. Mary Ellen was the most beautiful, stunning bride I have ever seen. Her dress was lace, she had a long train, and a beautiful lace veil. She looked like she was straight out of a magazine. The colors were navy blue and green. It was so lovely and organic looking. We had the privilege of peering through the windows while Mary Ellen and Drew had their first sight. This is highly recommended by all brides that I talk to by the way:) It was the sweetest moment. The ceremony was great too! They had a bag pipe play during the ceremony. Wow, it was amazing! The reception was so fun too! We had great food, great dancing, and a great band.

We wish them a happy happy honeymoon! We love you guys:)

1 comment:

  1. Lauren, this made me cry. You are so sweet and I feel honored to have been mentioned in your blog!! I love you!!! You are such a wonderful writer and I love reading these!

    ReplyDelete