Sunday, June 6, 2010

Three weeks into our married life...



The only word that comes to mind to describe our wedding day is "perfect". You put months and months; and in our case 18 long months into planning this one day. In a blink of an eye though it is gone. On the day of our wedding I woke up early to find the most magnificent wedding gift of all; Running shoes with MRS. URBIZO imprinted on them. For those of you who know me I love to run! Running brings me peace, and it is where I have my best conversations with God. So, on my wedding day at 7am my good friend Mary Ellen and I went off to talk and exercise. It was the best thing I did for myself on our wedding day. I had a chance to be away from mostly everyone, cry a little, pray, and just prepare myself for the day.

The day is a little bit of a blur to me but the parts I do remember stand out in my head so clearly. The next memory I have is when I saw Scott for the first time. Yes, I saw my groom before I walked down the aisle and it was one of the best decisions I made. Scott faced towards the church and I walked down the aisle with his back towards me. Words can't even describe this moment. As I inched closer, I told him he could turn around. When he turned around it was like all of my nervousness hit the floor and I could be calm now that I saw my future husband. We had a good 30 minutes just the two of us. We talked about our days, cried ALOT, and prayed together. It was the best moment of my life.

Then, came our vows. We chose to write our own vows when we first got engaged. Since I am the prepared one I had mine written or at least almost done in August of 2009. Haha Scott on the other hand didn't do his until the week before. That stressed me out a bit. But once again in the moment I just did not care.

Our first dance when we got to the reception as so special. We took dance lessons at All About Ballroom:) Kathy taught us how to fox traught, hustle, swing, and many more dances. We were pros:) Scott actually loved the lessons. It was such a good way to draw closer to each other and believe or not my Cuban husband is a pretty good dancer. We danced to Old and in Love and our friend Craig Simmons sang for us.When I get more pictures I will post them. The last thing that was so good was our cake. I said before that all I care about is the cake. I LOVE CAKE! Well, God was extremely good to us. So many people were dancing that some people forgot to get cake. We had so much left over that I ate a slice every night for a week:) Amazing!

Three weeks into married life...We are having so much fun! It is so nice to be able to wake up next to your best friend every single day. God has blessed us and we are so thankful for that. I struggled with missing my family at first. God knew that and he provided for me greatly. Not only do I have a husband we is always there for me but my small group friends have become our family as well. I can not wait to see all God's plans for Scott and I. We would really like to go to Africa or a country in need to serve in the next few years. We ask for your prayers and that God leads us to a place where he could use us most.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for including me in your blog! That was so sweet of you. : ) I look forward to seeing more pictures and am glad that everything went "perfect" for you! You are truly blessed. : )

    ReplyDelete