Thursday, June 10, 2010

Really?

Last night after I got off of work I ran to the church to help out with something and then headed down to Decatur. If you have never been to Decatur, you should go! It is such a fun, neat place for a date night or just a night out with the girls. I met my friend Kelly down there at her condo. Which by the way is the coolest place I have ever seen. She is such a good decorator and I felt like I was in the country/modern NYC. The best feel ever, really the best of both worlds. We sat for a while and just talked. She is so wise and has so much to share about the Lord. We then walked to this little restaurant called Ponce I believe. We sat there for about 3 hours just sharing our stories and our walk with God. It was so cool because it is rare that you meet someone that cares enough to listen to your story and then be able to walk through it again is the most incredible feeling. It is just so wonderful to have a friend who is just so organic and real. It is hard to find those kind of people in this world today and I am very grateful for her friendship.

Well, the night was going so well. We were just praising our Lord and having the best time! Then on my way home I got lost. By this point it was like 11:15. I realized I was probably in the worst part of town and I got scared. Then my gas light came on. I just said to myself, Oh great God really...right now? I have never been so scared for my life. I stopped at this gas station that wasn't even well lit and as fast as I could I put $5.00 in my gas tank. Nothing else could have gone wrong. Well, it did:) I dropped my GPS in the floor board and reached to get it. As I reached I took my car with it and swerved. I corrected myself and I thought I was okay. Then I saw the flashing blue lights in my rear view mirror. Ugh! Talk about scared...now I was scared. For some odd reason, the only thing I could think of was Pastor Kevin Queen telling the story about late one night after leaving church he got pulled over. He was nervous because he thought that maybe the many red bulls he had would make the police officer think something else of him. Well, just like Pastor Kevin I started reviewing anything I had to drink or eat that night. I had 1 glass of wine at 6:30 and then about 6 glasses of water at dinner. I had a steak sandwich and some orzo pasta. Then I started freaking myself out by thinking what if they cooked the steak in alcohol!? The police officer came up to my door and shined the light in my face. At this point I was crying. I have never been pulled over much less gotten a ticket. I gave him my license and told him I was really lost and I did not know how to get back to where I was trying to go. HE LAUGHED AT ME! and then gave me directions back to the highway. I was so shaken up I could not even sleep last night! Moral of the story I guess is don't ever reach for your GPS while driving!

No comments:

Post a Comment