Saturday, March 5, 2011

Heaven is for Real


About a week ago one of our pastors called Scott to recommend a book to us called "Heaven if for Real." Of course, me being a student the only book I have time to read is my Bible and of course my Pharmacotherapy book. Scott on the other hand jumped right on the opportunity and downloaded it on his nook. We were desperate for anything to help us. The book is fairly short 158 pages and Scott read it all in two nights; he couldn't put it down. He would run into the bedroom at times and wake me from my sleep to tell me little tidbits from the book. He was in awe and so excited. Well, last night was the start of my spring break and I finally got to sit down to read the book. Long story short I finished it in one sitting. This is a must read.

It is about a little 4 year old boy who became very sick on a family vacation. He had appendicitis which went missed for 8 days. His parents took him to a hospital where they kept him overnight for a few nights but the doctors could not figure out what was wrong with him. Finally his dad got so frustrated that he snatched his little boy up and took him to a different hospital. At that hospital the little boy named Colton was diagnosed with appendicitis and taken to emergency surgery. I don't want to give the whole story away. Soon after the surgery Colton told his dad that he got to see angels at the hospital. His dad(a pastor) did not understand this because no where on Colton's hospital reports did it say he died. Colton began giving an unbelievable account of heaven and the things he saw in heaven. One in particular was he got to meet his little sister.

As Colton described in a conversation with his mom, "Mom, you had a baby die in your tummy, didn't you?" His mom Sonja replied, "Who told you I had a baby die in my tummy?" Colton replied with no hesitation, "She did, Mommy. She said she died in your tummy." Unbelieveable! Colton's parents had never told him they had a miscarriage nor did they know their miscarried child was a little girl. They were in awe.

The part that made me feel peace was when Sonja started to cry after hearing Colton's truth. Colton said, "It's okay Mommy. She's okay. God adopted her." To know that our little baby has been adopted by God gives me an unbelieveable peace.

This is such a remarkable, refreshing book and I encourage you to read it. A 4 year old boy doesn't just make these things up. He uttered so much truth and described heaven in great detail. I have a great faith but I will admit wholeheartedly that this miscarriage has caused me to doubt God's ability at my weak times. After finishing the book I can say I am super excited to meet our baby again one day and I am assured that our baby is safe and breathing in all the beauties heaven offers. The book is hardly just about a miscarriage though. Maybe just a chapter. So I hope you will read it. I promise it will change your life.

God works in our lives everyday. He amazes me. Just the same day that our pastor called Scott to recommend the book, I was meeting a friend at the park to embark on an adventurous trail run.(something I don't tend to like because I am afraid of bears and coyotes) As I was pulling into the park our pastor was driving by me in the opposite direction. We both rolled our windows down and dangerously talked in the middle of the road. I knew then God was telling me I had to read this book. And for the trail run that day...it was amazing! With God's help I can do anything...and now I love trail runs!(bears, coyotes, and all)

Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

  1. love this! you are a great writer. thanks for sharing part of your journey with me on Saturday. How would you feel about me mentioning you in my blog post today? I'm writing about Heaven is For Real...and wanted to just mention (and point people to) your story. I know several woman who have suffered losing a baby...or aborting one. have a blessd day!

    ReplyDelete