Monday, February 28, 2011

A Farmers Tan

I love sunny days! If you just give me a nice rocking chair and some sunlight I can be content for hours. Well, Saturday was an unusual day here in Georgia but nonetheless it was beautiful! I got to spend most of the day with one of my friends studying at Panera. The company was great, the sun was beaming, the only thing putting a damper on my day was the Infectious Disease notes sitting in my lap. Since I did not do so great on the past test I was under a lot of stress to do well on this next test. As we were reading through our notes I kept on finding myself not relying and trusting God. I was sitting there giving my friend advice on our study breaks about how God always provides yet I was sitting there worrying if I was going to be able to pass a class or not. As I drove back home that day I realized I felt a little funny. Half of me was feeling a little burned whereas the other half of me was still ghost white. When I finally got home to look in the mirror I realized I had the worst farmers tan in the history of the world! I had my new cute boy shorts on and a 3/4 length shirt. Literally, I was burned on the left side of my body and the right side looked like it had not seen the sun in years. I just stood there and laughed at myself & then I realized God was trying to speak to me! And then it was all put into perspective for me!

It goes something like this! If we only trust God with half our heart then his light will only shine on half of our lives. I truly believe that on Saturday he was listening to my struggles and wanted to shine light into my world BUT since I was so consumed by stress he could only shine on half of me. We have to let him in to our hearts FULLY and he will do marvelous things. The song that comes to mind when I think about God's revelation to me is If you Want me To. I encourage you to listen. It speaks so much truth. I posted it in the post below!

Oh by the way, I didn't do as well as I wanted on my test BUT I did good enough! I just had to listen to God. He had this the whole time, I just had to do my part by studying and he had the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment