Monday, February 14, 2011

It's A Love Day


My Sweet Valentine is above: How could anyone not love that face?


There are so many things I love about Valentines Day. Pink, candy hearts, chocolate, etc. BUT contrary to popular belief I am not a fan of the actual valentines day. From the very beginning when Scott and I started dating I told him I didn't need February 14 to be the day that he sends me flowers or express his love for me. I just would rather have little acts of kindness randomly throughout the year.

For this year though, and just this year only we went all out. With all the sadness in our lives right now we decided it would be good for us to splurge just a little. Scott loves to surprise me. He always is leaving me things here and there & doing things around the house to make my life easier. Saturday morning I got back from a run(very sweaty might I add) and went to take a shower. When I went in the bathroom there was a Shane Co. box and a sweet red card. Inside the Shane Co. box were brand new real pearl earrings! I was so excited. If you know me well you know that the only earrings I ever wear are pearls. In all the hoopla at the hospital of changing into hospital gowns my favorite pearl earrings fell out and never were found. I was so sad! But of course my sweet husband fixed that quickly!



That evening we went to Seasons 52, my absolute favorite restaurant. Again if you know me well you know I eat healthy. VERY HEALTHY:) Seasons 52 has a menu where nothing on the menu is more than 450 calories. For Scott, this was not so fun! He is more of a meat and potatoes kind of guy. Whereas I am an all organic, low calorie, low fat kind of girl. But of course he surprised me by taking me there to make me happy! Then after dinner we headed on over to Cheesecake Factory to get two huge pieces of cheescake! They were yummy! While we were out to dinner Scott put another jewelry box on the table. This time when I opened I found a diamond pearl necklace to match my beautiful pearl earrings! I was so surprised and for just a little while our minds were taken off of the sadness around us right now.

Now most of you are thinking well that was nice of Scott! But what did Lauren do for him!? Let me just tell you my husband is hard to surprise as well as hard to shop for. He doesn't ever want anything, EVER. He always says I have everything I need. I have been wanting for quite sometime to get him new nice sunglasses. So that is just what I did for Valentines Day! AND to top it off I picked him out a perfect pair of new Ray Bans!



It was a Perfect Valentines Night for us. I truly feel like the luckiest girl in the world to be married to Scott. He is everything I have ever dreamed of and his strength & courage amazes me more and more everyday. Even in times of adversity he stands strong in his faith and does not fear this world we are living in. He is not a worldly person at all. At times when I am dreaming of a bigger house, nicer car; he reminds me I need to be content with the here and now. He is happy with our life just the way it is adversity and all. He loves me unconditionally and shows me this daily through his words and actions. I always knew growing up I wanted a husband that loved me like 1 Corinthians 13 and thank you Jesus for giving him to me! Last weekend when we were laying in the hospital room I turned to Scott and squeezed his hand. Of course we missed our baby so much but in that moment we were reminded of our love for each other and God's love for us. So instead of just celebrating Valentines Day on Feb 14 let's celebrate Love Day everyday!

I encourage you to love on those close to you and really show them how much they mean to you.

1 Corinthians 13
4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

No comments:

Post a Comment