Sunday, June 5, 2011

Seasons of Life



Sorry I have not written a post in a while. Not only have I been super busy between rotations & life, I haven't had anything on my heart to really write. I made a promise to myself when I first started this blog that I would only write when God put something on my heart. I truly believe he gave me the ability to write as a gift & it is something I enjoy so much! I am forever grateful that I have the freedom to write about our God & praise him through every post!

My sister-in-laws and I had the joy of throwing Scott's sister(who is also our sister-in-law) her Bridal shower this Saturday! It was a hit! We have been planning for a few months now and it was so fun to see it all put together. I am one blessed girl because when I married Scott not only did I get to marry one very handsome man but I gained three brothers, three sisters, and two fabulous new parents:) I guess you could pretty much call us the Brady Bunch! The best part is they all love the Lord dearly. God really has blessed our family! We pretty much have every kind of profession that you would need to get through your day just within the one Urbizo family! And one of the things I love most about all of them is there hearts!! For example, when we were going through the miscarriage they all stood over my bed that night and prayed for Scott & I. Or one time my brother in law Mike came over to finish the shadowboxes in our kitchen & not only put hours of labor into it but also came back over the next night to help us finish painting. There are so many examples and maybe on other blogs I will get to share them:) Those kind of qualities are hard to find and to have them all in one family makes me feel so blessed to be able to be a part of it on a daily basis!

When I was praying about this blog today all that was on my heart was the song "Desert Song". It talks about all the seasons of life that we go through on a yearly, monthly, weekly basis. It speaks so much truth of how I feel right now. I sometimes put this song on in my car and just sing to the top of my lungs! In one verse it says, "All of my life, in every season, you are still God, I have a reason to sing, I have a reason to worship." No matter what the struggle God is still right by your side. He is still God and still listening to the desires of your heart.

In Matthew 7:7 it says, "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks the door will be opened."

So in every season of life praise God for that particular time. Even if it is a struggle...use it as time to grow closer to him! He loves you! I know that 10 years from now I will look back at these past few months and be thankful for this particular valley in my life. Right now I am thankful that God has his hands on my baby. If I could not be a parent to that sweet angel there is no better parent than him. I have learned so much about myself the past few months. I thought I had ME all figured out but aparently not:) God is constantly working on me day by day.

One thing you can know for sure is that every person will go through struggles and thankfully God gives us struggles to draw us closer to him! Hope yall have a great week!

Below are some pictures from Nikki's beautiful shower!





No comments:

Post a Comment