Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Just Like Mom

I love pulling up in our driveway to find a huge box full of goodies from my mom to decorate for each holiday. Every time I see a box I have to pause for a second and just laugh at myself at how excited I get. I always used to sort of make fun of my mom every time a holiday would roll around. She would make us all participate in decorating & my sister and I would just roll our eyes. She wasn't just into decorating for Christmas it was EVERY single holiday.....New years, Valentines Day, St. Paddy's Day, Easter, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day,Halloween, and Thanksgiving! I used to promise myself I would never go to the extreme of decorating for every holiday and I believe the words "I will never be like my mom" came out of my mouth on more than one occasion. Much to my surprise at almost 25 years old I am almost an exact replica of my mom except I am a few inches shorter! I love to cook (but none of my stuff ever turns out as good as mom makes it) and I decorate for every SINGLE holiday(my friends can atest to this as well as my sweet husband who gets to help me). I am so thankful for my mom sharing her passion with me 25 years ago. She has been the perfect mom & my very best friend! I can not wait to share her passion which is now my passion with my daughters one day hopefully soon! Here are some pictures of my decorations for the 4th:) Hope you enjoy!!








2 comments:

  1. Well, Lauren...it just looks beautiful!! Thank you for such kind words. Don't worry, I said the same thing when my Mom decorated for every occasion too. Many of the things that I have, were hers, and I cherish them so much. It's fun for me, and yes Madison rolls her eyes at me too. Someday she will be just like the two of us:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Lauren, it looks great! Like your Mom said, Madison rolls her eyes too. She was doing it as you were sending the pictures via text. I said, one day, you'll be the same way!!!

    ReplyDelete