Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Worry Wart

I have wasted many years of my life worrying about things that I can not change or do anything about. I can trace way back and remember specific things I used to worry about. I worried if my mom was a minute late getting home that she was in an accident somewhere, I worried if I would do well in my cross country races or not, I worried what college I would get in to, I worried if I would get a high enough score on my PCAT, I worried if I would get into pharmacy school, and they go on and on. I know that sounds kind of crazy that I can name those but I remember these specific things for a special reason. The reason is that in all of my worry and all of my fears God had a perfect plan and ultimately provided the desires of my heart. For example, I never did get a real high PCAT score BUT I got into 4 pharmacy schools of my choice. God played a HUGE role in that and ultimately paved my path to the correct school. The whole entire time he knew the plan and I spent all my time worrying whether or not he could handle all my worries. The truth is he can handle ANY and ALL of my worries, fears, setbacks, problems, etc. He is GOD and He can do ANYTHING!

The problem is all those years I spent worrying about things that God already had in his hands I can never get back and do another way. The thing that is so hard to remember (since I still worry too much) is that God is going to meet all of our needs. As long as we are doing our part (trusting in him) the Lord will continue to do his part.

I look back now and realize I wasted so much time worrying about things that were not in my control. I have made a decision to trust God with my life and with that comes trusting him with every aspect of it. Yes, I fall short sometimes but that is the promise I have given to him.

I love this verse Hebrews 13:5
"Let your character be free from love of money(including greed, avarice, lust, craving for earthly possessions) and be satisfied with your present (circumstances and with what you have); for God said, I will not fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. I will not leave you helpless nor forsake you nor let you down."

After my test today I took a little break and hiked up Stone Mountain with a friend. Standing at the top of the mountain was a perfect illustration of worry! God made that huge, beautiful mountain. I had to walk up a HUGE hill to get to the top and yes it was hard work. But once I made it to the top I could be in awe of God's beautiful scenery and take in all the beauty around me. Sometimes I think even though the things we worry about seem so hard to surpass, if we just work a little harder and give it to God, the beauty of his plan will PREVAIL.

No comments:

Post a Comment