Thursday, April 28, 2011

Molly and Me




If you have seen the movie Marley and Me you can pretty much imagine the way my life is with our dog Molly. She not only looks like Marley but acts like her too! We were blessed last year about a month after our wedding to be able to adopt Molly into our home. Molly and 6 of her other brothers & sisters were left on the side of the road in a box. We could never understand how anyone could do that but we were so happy to give her a loving home. When we got Molly she weighed a total of 5 pounds. Now that sweet little dog weighs in at about 70 pounds. Even though she can be a trouble maker she is a really great dog. She loves us so much and listens very well. She is just a tad bit on the hyper side when it comes to meeting other people. She loves people and doesn't realize sometimes that other people don't love her as much as she thinks they do. When she was just a little puppy I would put on the movie Marley and Me when I left for work or school so she wasn't bored while we were gone. BIG MISTAKE! I think she memorized Marley's habits and has taken up a few of Marley's trait. Here are a few examples of Molly acting like Marley: The other day my sweet neighbors came over to bring me flowers. As soon as we opened the door Molly took off chasing their little girl around the yard and finally Molly won and tackled the little girl with kisses. Then today I took her for a walk and run at the park. As soon as we hit the trail Molly met a friend. I couldn't hold her back and within an instant she had jumped on this poor old lady who never saw it coming. Finally I got on top of Molly to tackle her to the ground. Needless to say, Molly learned her lesson because she got a few spankings! Even though she sometimes drives us crazy we love her so much! She never talks back (well I guess sometimes if she doesn't get her way she barks:)), she loves us unconditionally, she never keeps account of our wrongs, she always loves my cooking, AND she kisses us all the time even after we go for a run! Molly's First Birthday is on our Anniversary! Since we won't be in town we will be celebrating her this next week! I am thinking a doggy birthday cake is in the order and maybe a doggy manicure/pedicure...Scott thinks I am crazy...But I just tell him dog's deserve a special day once a year just like we do! Right!?

1 comment:

  1. That is so sweet and cute Lauren..I love it! Our little bella turned 1 in Feb. and she had a full bday party. Heck even the tooth fairy came to see her when she lost her baby teeth, complete with fairy sprinkle dust and a new bone just for her :) (kids got a huge kick out of that) ...so with that being sad Molly
    deserves her special day! I love your post's...Michelle Sommardahl

    ReplyDelete