Sunday, August 28, 2011

A Pregnant Chick Takes them Down!

Today after church my dad and Scott decided they wanted to go to the park on a run before my birthday dinner! (Tonight was the end to all my birthday fun!) We drove out to Harbins Park in Dacula, GA. For those of you that live in Georgia you should really try this park! It has an awesome 4.3 mile paved, shaded trail and probably 10 miles of hiking trails. So when we got there we decided we would walk for a little while which sounded great to me because my body doesn't really agree with the 95 degree weather. We got to about 3.5 miles and the boys decided they wanted to race me to the end. They were talking so much trash about how for once they could beat me in running! BIG MISTAKE! haha

Let me give you a little bit of background...I am not a competitive person AT ALL but when it comes to running that is something I don't mess around with PREGNANT OR NOT:) BUT I definitely slow it down a bit while Pregnant so don't worry! I have been a runner since the 6th grade and haven't stopped since! It is my absolutely favorite thing to do! Thankfully, I have a doctor who understands my craziness & my love for running so she gave me permission to do it until I couldn't do it anymore but I just have to take it slow!

Okay now back to my story...so Scott and my Dad thought they could sprint the whole mile but I knew all too well. See my Dad has a knee replacement and Scott doesn't even really like to run so I knew I could use that all to my advantage. So me and baby paced ourselves and about a half mile in I passed two boys who could barely talk or breathe on the trail! haha I knew I had them then! So I continued on my merry way and once I reached the finish I waited for them patiently!

Needless to say, I think their ego's were hurt a bit because they told me the only reason I won was because I have an extra pair of arms and legs in me. Considering baby and I ran about a 9 minute mile...I think baby slowed me down a bit! But we can just let them believe whatever they want! The bottom line is I took them both down!!! LOL

Here is a picture of me and my belly before we left for our jog! I am sorry once again for no make up and my house! I am 2 days shy of 16 weeks.





No comments:

Post a Comment