Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Boy or Girl?



Let me start this blog off by saying we DON'T know the sex of Baby Urbizo just yet! Soon enough though! And we will announce it on September 11 after our gender reveal party! Below is a picture of the Cake Design I am using for our Gender Reveal Cake! We have two very sweet friends who are making this for us! yay!




I have been asked the question A LOT about whether we prefer a boy or a girl! So here are my feelings on all of this! I personally have no preference! All babies are from God and I know he will bless us with whatever he wants to! Scott on the other hand thinks it is a boy, wants a boy, talks to it like its a boy, and has dreams about it being a boy! So I think it is safe to say he is on TEAM BLUE! He also though would be happy either way! All we pray for is a healthy, happy baby!

For the past 5 weeks I have been working in the NICU on my acute care rotation! It has been so awesome and scary all at the same time. These babies are NOT your normal, healthy babies so I tend to freak myself out a lot. I have gotten to see C sections and vaginal births! I have to say neither one looks pleasant to me! This experience has been so awesome! They have seen me from my most vulnerable point (I was at 11 weeks when I started this rotation) to now at 16 weeks be able to actually be excited! I have learned so much! I now know how to feed a baby, burp a baby, change a diaper, and so much more! The best part about this rotation is the faith surrounding this place. The doctors and the nurses love God and trust him with each and every baby. It is such a wonderful place to be!

So at this point I have only told our names to close family & friends as well as all the NICU people! If we have a boy his name will be Hudson Randall Urbizo. Hudson because 1. It is the only boy name Scott & I agree on, 2. Scott likes that the meaning of the name means an adventurer and explorer and 3. Growing up I had a grandfather figure in my life named Dr. Hudson. Unfortunately, he passed away when I was about 13 and I couldn't think of a better way to honor him then name my son after him. Randall is my Dad's middle name and since I was his only child & I recently dropped his last name we figured we better carry him on in some way or another. Scott's dad was a little hurt by this...he thought it should be named Hudson Charles Urbizo after him. Sorry Chuckie! You have 6 of us Urbizo's to carry on your name and my daddy only has me! Now for our girl name...Copelyn Reese Urbizo. Ahh I just love it! Copelyn because my grandmother on my mom's side was named Copeland & my middle name is Copeland. I loved her so much but unfortunately she passed away when I was just five of breast cancer. She was such a beautiful woman and I hope I can be half the wife and mother she was throughout her life. She is the one who came up with our famous Chocolate Poundcake recipe that everyone loves so much. She also was quite the smocker & sewer. I have over 30 dresses that I wore as a little girl that she made and hopefully I will get to dress one of our little girls in them one day. Reese because Scott loves Reese Witherspoon! I am very confident in his love for me and he is a very loyal man but this is his one celebrity "crush". I am pretty sure if she showed up on our doorstep, I would be a goner! haha I had to let Scott have some say so in our girl name and that is what he came up with! Oh me....

So come September 11 we will know for sure what this sweet little one is that is growing inside of me! It amazes me everyday and brings me to tears that our wonderful God designed this sweet baby inside of me. There is a song that comes to mind about God creating each and every part of us in his own image to glorify him. This song reminds me in my fear that God made each of us to be intimate with Him. That he is not a God who stands far away from me as we live this hard life. God is love (1 John 4:16). We were created by Love and for love. We are meant to have intimacy with God as well as with each other. Now you are asking yourself...Well what is intimacy?

I found this awesome definition from another blog titled Holy Spirit Driven.
"Intimacy includes so much more than just the physical, it also includes emotions (heart), thoughts (mind) and the will (spirit)....Intimacy comes when we share all of ourselves with another. But, we must understand that at its core, intimacy is more than just a constant level of relating. Intimacy is the experience of sharing life together."

This is so comforting to know that our God created our baby with this in mind and every other baby in the world. We are created so intricately and we are his precious design! Now that is GREAT NEWS!

"Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls." Matthew 11:28-29

This is my prayer for our baby that it always follows Jesus and comes to Jesus to carry its burdens on both the good days and the bad days because this life on earth is only temporary and a Life with Jesus is eternal.

So what do you think BOY OR GIRL!?

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of a gender reveal party, and the cake. The names you picked out are ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete