Saturday, October 22, 2011

Oh What a Day!

(This post was written Friday night, I just forgot to post it)

I was not going to post about this but then I figured its all part of the story and one day when I print these posts for Copelyn I want her to know every detail of the journey to get her here safely! This morning I woke up and it was just like any other day. I went to the gym, rushed home & showered, then sat in my two hour rush hour traffic (oh Atlanta how I love you!). As soon as I got to my rotation I was busy! I was running around like crazy and then all of a sudden I felt a gush of water. I was in shock and I ran to the bathroom. I will spare you of the details but long story short I decided to go about my day for just a bit (stupid on my part, right?). Honestly, I didn't want to call the doctor's office because I didn't want to bother them again! I feel like I have become THAT patient who calls about every little thing. I had just called last week because I was very ill with some kind of flu bug. I didn't want to call again! Well, about two hours later I started getting really bad abdominal pains. At this point I decided to wait no more and I called the doctor. I just love them at the office! They are always so sweet to me. The nurse called me back & told me I needed to go to labor & delivery to get checked out.

WHAT!? Labor and Delivery! My thought exactly. I am not supposed to set foot in that place until February. So I rushed to my car and drove as fast as I could to the hospital. While all this was happening my poor husband was stuck at the house waiting on Copelyn's furniture to arrive. We made the executive decision he would wait around for the furniture until we knew for sure what was going on with me.

To make a LONG story short everything is okay! It was the first time I had done anything doctor related for Copelyn alone without Scott. And I won't be doing that again. I am a strong person but Scott is my calm presence. When he is around for some reason we handle situations so much better. They hooked me up the monitor. At first they couldn't find Copelyn's heart beat. Talk about scared out of my mind. I sat there with my hand over my eyes just praying. This little baby stresses me! They finally found it (after what felt like 5 minutes) and she was just fine. Her heart beat was 155. Then my wonderful doctor (she truly is a blessing to us) came in to see what was going on. She assured me first that she thought it was fine. Oh where would I be without her? She is so calm about everything and she makes everyone of her patients feel so comfortable. The gush of water could have been three things: 1. my water broke, 2. leaking fluid, or 3. just pee. Come to find out sweet Copelyn's head is on my bladder and she is pushing the pee out of me! haha I know gross right!? I also have not been doing my kegal exercises the way I should! After 3 hours of being in L&D I got to come home...Praise Jesus! Home is where I want to stay until February!

When I got home Scott had put the whole nursery together to surprise me! What a wonderful surprise! We still have wall decorations to put up and I ordered her name to put over the crib which is painted like her nursery bedding. All in all, Mommy and Copelyn are just fine! I really wish she would move over just a bit though but I guess my tummy is her home for the next 3 1/2 months and I don't have control over where she decides to take her naps.


No comments:

Post a Comment