Thursday, December 15, 2011

31 weeks!! (posting a little late)

Every time I have sat down to write this week I have literally started and fallen asleep. We had a pretty eventful week in our household....well as eventful as it gets in a pregnant lady's house. We have finished all of our Christmas shopping and all the presents are wrapped under the tree! I have tried my hardest to keep up with life but I am definitely feeling the tiredness now! My family is coming into town for 10 days starting Saturday and I had to start cleaning my house on Wednesday just to make sure I could get it all done by Saturday! haha

We had a doctor's appointment again yesterday! Copelyn's little heartbeat sounded so strong and wonderful! I get chills every time I hear it because it is the most beautiful sound in the world. Much to my surprise she has turned and sweet little girl is head down! Hooray! Like I have said before my doctor is amazing and even after she had a very long day she sat with me for 30 minutes to answer all my questions. So here is our plan! I refuse to write it down on paper or actually give it to anyone because I have heard the minute you do that it will all go NOT as planned. And in all honesty God knows how it is going to go down already, I can just dream about the birth of my little girl & imagine. My doctor said we will not be using any CYTOTEC! Yay! Then we talked about while I am in labor. I get to stay at home until my contractions are 2-5 minutes a part as long as my water doesn't break. If my water breaks well we will be headed to the hospital. Once I am at the hospital I get to walk around, get in the tub, and sit on the birthing ball if I would like. I am just keeping those options open. Once Copelyn is born, she will stay attached to the umbilical cord for 1-2 minutes & immediately placed in my arms! This plan is drug-free...no epidural...or anything else for that matter. Of course, I know sometimes things don't go as planned. In a perfect world what I wrote above is what I would like to happen BUT I am prepared for anything that might come our way. All the matters to me is we get our little girl here safely and that she is healthy!

I haven't complained once during pregnancy but I tell you what this week has gotten the best of me. Come to find out my hernia was misdiagnosed!! Such an answer to prayer because we were already stressed about when & how I would get it fixed. I ended up having what is known as a dilated vein. My doctor said she has seen them a lot recently & at first glance they seem like a hernia but they are not. I just have to watch for clotting and if it gets swollen. I have learned that she must be pressing down hard on my right side. This was evident last night when I woke up with the worst pain in my right leg. I stayed awake for 2 hours trying to shake the stiffness out of it. I would describe it as restless leg but whatever it was did not feel so good! Scott even said I tried to kick him a few times...haha...obviously that did not work!

Copelyn is quite the active little girl. She DEFINITELY has her daddy's personality haha. She is quiet and peaceful all day and then at night she is fired up and ready to go. One thing is for sure...she doesn't like exercising. Every time I am walking or on the elliptical she pushes as hard as she can on my stomach until I stop. It is almost like she is throwing a fit while I try to exercise. (Her daddy doesn't like to exercise much either haha)

All in all, we are thankful and blessed that our little girl is healthy! We can not wait to meet her in February and kiss her face.

No comments:

Post a Comment