Wednesday, December 7, 2011

So Many Things on My Heart Tonight...

After a full day off from work I had a lot of time to reflect by myself. I spent most of my time finishing up Copelyn's room. When I finally got finished I stood back in awe of the room we had created for our little girl. I went back to a barely started baby room that we had began working on this time last year. My goodness what a year this has been. I try my best to put what my heart feels in words but sometimes it is so hard. This time last year I was taking a pregnancy test unexpectedly only to confirm we were pregnant! I remember that day like it was yesterday. I also remember February 4, 2011 like it was yesterday...that became to be known as one of the hardest days of my life. The day we lost our first baby. Scott and I have spent so much time in the once empty baby room this past year. We spent a lot of time on our knees praying. We prayed to be able to get pregnant again, we prayed for God's timing, and now we can pray for our little girl that God has so graciously given to us. Scripture verses have been recited over that sweet little girls room. Now as I sit in her room and look around...I am at peace. This room is filled with so much love and prayer for our little girl.

Below is a family that was on my heart big time today & I felt led to share with you their story real quick:

Rebekah McGee and her husband Will. Rebekah and I went to school together at Auburn. She is such a sweet, Godly girl! After a 18 month wait on their child they got word last week that they will be parents to a beautiful boy from Ethiopia. They have an amazing story and I can not even begin to do it justice. You can find their blog below. I felt led to share it because it is a very expensive process to get their son home. If you feel led to help here are some ways she specifically says on their website:

Pray
- Pray for our son, Israel, who is being cared for by the special mothers at Hannah's Hope.
- Pray for the birth family, for God to give them grace and peace during their most difficult sacrifice.
-Pray for the special mothers who care for our son, so that they will have renewed joy each day as they do their jobs and give care to children.
-Pray for the court & embassy process ahead, that God would be glorified and that we would be able to move forward quickly to bring our son home.
- Pray that we would remain patient throughout this entire process.
- Pray that the Lord will shape us in our preparation to be great parents.
- Pray that this adoption will be a clear picture of the Gospel to those around us.

Spread the Word
Tell people about our blog. Get them in contact with us. We would not be considering adoption if it were not for our friends who have shown us how adoption is a picture of what God has done for us. We hope that others will be stirred to care for orphans through our own adoption.

Give Financially
We have saved and sacrificed over the last two year,s so we could afford to begin this process. It is indeed very expensive, but we are trusting in the Lord that he will provide the means to bring our child home. However, if you would like to help us fund this adoption there are a few ways that we have made that available.

For more information visit their blog!

http://yestoadoption.blogspot.com/


1 comment:

  1. Lauren, thanks for writing this and sharing our story! So excited Copelyn will be here in 2 months!

    ReplyDelete