Sunday, January 8, 2012

Woah Nelly!! Is that my belly!?

We have reached 35 weeks! 5 more weeks to go and I have a belly to show for it for sure. Copelyn and I are fighting each other for space it seems and she seems to be winning because I can't get comfortable. I am so ready! I have been continuing to exercise which I am hoping will help with labor and recovery. Some days are harder than others but I make myself get up anyways because I know it will make me feel better later. The best part of going to the gym is the comments and looks I get; especially lately. I love it when people say, "You look like you might just pop!" I just smile and laugh but on the inside I am thinking...Really!? That is not really what a pregnant lady wants to hear. Makes me laugh though!

Scott has been an angel. I still have continued to be my OCD self and clean daily but he helps out by cooking dinners, doing the laundry, and pretty much anything handy around the house. He supports fully my going to bed at 8:30 habit! LOL. He just doesn't always partake in the habit with me. Last night, I decided I would try on all my bikinis to see if they still fit. I knew what I was getting myself in to but just for kicks I wanted to see since I will be bringing one to the hospital if I decide to get into the tub. Well much to my surprise...THEY ALL STILL FIT ME! I ran out of the bedroom to show Scott. He was shocked and then he added the comment, "Babe, every part of your body looks the same except your huge belly and well...your butt just looks a tiny bit bigger but that is probably just because your hips have gotten wider." Oh...boy...he wishes he would have never said that! haha. We don't ever really argue but I paid him back this morning at the gym while I made him wait on me to do 100 squats:):)

Tiredness has pretty much consumed me. I feel like a walking zombie most days. But she has been worth every pain, ounce of tired feeling, and uncomfortableness! I just can't wait to kiss her cheeks!

I am starting to get a bit nervous about labor but I assume this is normal. Thankfully, no matter what my doctor is going to deliver me. They don't normally do this but since we have become close through everything the past year she elected to deliver us. So one thing that calms my nerves a bit is that I will have her familiar face in the room with me and she knows how I wish my labor would go & she believes in me. She is very supportive of everything I want to do and she has been so honest with me the whole time. Like I have said before, God really blessed us with her. I will never forget after the miscarriage I thought I wanted to switch practices because of the constant reminders of the miscarriage in their office. I started researching and no one else seemed to be able to work in an appointment with my schedule. Thankfully, Scott said to me that maybe I should stick with the practice that we had grown to love so much even though it was hard for me. He told me to just pray that God would heal those feelings of uneasiness when I entered the office and sure enough God did just that. I am so thankful for my doctor and her support. She is amazing! The best part is she is 7 weeks behind me in pregnancy and I have gotten to see her belly grow alongside mine the whole time! God is good!

On another note, Scott and I have made our new years resolutions. He made his a little later than mine but nonetheless it has been made! We both decided to read our Bibles in a year. At first I was just going to read the New Testament but my husband talked me into the whole bible and so far it has been awesome! I love it!

We are so excited for our little girl to get here! Maybe she will come in three weeks!? Maybe five weeks!? I just can't wait to meet her!

No comments:

Post a Comment