Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!!

Well we have reached 34 weeks and in the final homestretch from what I hear. I feel like 6 weeks is a long time but other mommy's assure me it goes by fast! Last night Scott and I were a boring, old, married, pregnant couple! haha We went to dinner downtown with my dad and then came home. I fell asleep by 11:15 to only wake up at 11:59 give Scott a New Year's kiss and then pass out again by 12:05. I am so glad 2012 is finally here!

2012 is already full of planned events...Our little Copelyn arriving in February....I graduate from pharmacy school in May (yay! it has been a 7 year LONG journey)....then in May I will start my new career with a job opportunity that God has so graciously given to me.

On the other hand reflecting back on 2011 I would describe it as the best/worst year I have ever had. I know that sounds a bit extreme but it is the truth! I have never been on such a roller coaster ride as this year has been. But at the end of it all we are so incredibly thankful. I am so thankful for all the blessings, opportunities, and pits God provided throughout the year. Even on the days where I did not know if I could take on the day, God was there pushing me along the way. He knew it would be okay! God is always at work for his glory and our good. God intended all the events in my life this year but God intended it for GOOD. In February 2011, it was awful...life stunk. But the whole time God was working and he took the worst situation and turned it around for his glory. He gave me the ability to put my thought and feelings into words & he allowed my story to help/encourage other people going through similar circumstances. This picture below is the way I feel about 2011. Yes I am jumping high off the ground and yes I am 34 weeks pregnant BUT I felt like I needed to do something to celebrate making it through this year! It means to me....WE DID IT!


Now for 2012! I have no idea what this year will bring. I know we have many exciting events planned so far BUT I know life doesn't always go as planned. My prayer is that God will use me for his greater glory and that no matter where I am I will bring glory to his name. We are so excited about meeting Copelyn! We even sit in her room and pretend sometimes she is here! haha Scott likes to talk to her in my belly! He says the craziest things but oh well she likes it because she is always kicking when her daddy is talking. I am so excited about graduating!! I have worked so hard and I am so glad I can finally start my career. I am so grateful, excited, and blessed with my future job! As you may know I am a firm believer GOD ALWAYS HAS A PLAN. This job was totally a god thing and I can not wait to use all the knowledge I have gained the past 7 years. I am a little nervous but it has been my prayer ever since I signed my name on a contract that God uses me in this job daily. I know for sure God has the ultimate plan and there is 365 days in 2012 that he can use to do awesome things in our life.

This past weekend Scott and I headed to the park to take some maternity pictures. We had pictures schedule with an awesome photographer but "life happened" and we had to cancel. So we had to do some one our own. I think Scott did a great job with what we had to work with! Below are just a few!!




Lastly, Copelyn and I are doing well! We are very large but feeling well. Tomorrow starts my next rotation. Our prayer is that Copelyn will wait at least 4 1/2 weeks to make her arrival so I can make it through this rotation and have a full 5 weeks with her!! She has her nights and days mixed up! She sleeps most of the day and then around 9 pm she kicks ALL NIGHT LONG it seems. I am definitely in the nesting phase. I clean everything!!! All I want to do is organize, clean, reorganize, and clean again! It is a crazy cycle and Scott just thinks it is funny! I guess we will have a spotless house to bring our baby home to! Well, happy new year folks! See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment