Saturday, February 11, 2012

Baby Copelyn's Birth Part 2

So in my tiredness of writing Copelyn's birth story yesterday I forgot a few very important people.

1. Scott was amazing the whole entire day! He was so supportive the whole entire time. He watched each contraction and let me know when they were going to end. He even didn't want to eat because I couldn't eat. Haha BUT I made him because I didn't want him to get queasy. He surprised us all when the nurse told him to grab a leg and he coached me through each push! I couldn't have asked anything more of him.

2. My mother in law was there almost the entire time. She was like my personal midwife! I could not have done it without her and I love how she responds in stressful situations. She makes everyone around her calm and when it came down to me pushing & me saying I couldn't do it she reminded me I had no choice & that I could do it! It was so nice to have her there and share in the experience with us.

3. My sister in law Nikki! She decided last minute that she wanted to watch Copelyn be born. I was a little worried because I didn't want to scare her out of child birth. BUT she did awesome. She even took all the pictures of the whole entire birth so Scott didn't have to worry about it.

4. My mom who got to watch the whole thing via Facetime from our computer that we set up in the room. I was so thankful to be able to have her there even if she couldn't be there in person. It was so special to me because she is my very best friend & I couldn't imagine her missing the birth of our little girl. She was so encouraging the whole time and just let me enjoy the experience. I love her so much. I hope Copelyn and I have a close relationship like we share.

5. The whole rest of our family. They were all amazing and so supportive. We always feel loved by them but they showed us a tremendous amount of supprt & encouragement.

Ok I think I covered everyone now:) We love our little girl so much! We had her pediatrician appointment today and she has gained 1 ounce! She eats like crazy, poops like a maniac, and well um sleep we are working on. We got 6.5 hours of sleep last night which was awesome but little girl wants to sleep on her mommy and daddy's chest at all times. We got a new upright cradle per the recommendation of a mommy I really look up to. We are going to give that a shot tonight because she did not like her bassinet. I love being Copelyn's mommy! It is the best job in the world!

1 comment:

  1. Let me know how that cradle works out for you!! Praying its an answer for this time!! Love you and can't wait to meet that sweet girl!! How far do you live from me??? You are such a good mommy already!!

    ReplyDelete