Monday, February 6, 2012

When Life Hands You Lemons....Stubborn Baby Copelyn Update

Make Lemonade!!

Well, after our last appointment before our induction we have realized Copelyn has flipped since Friday. She is now breech!! Head is up towards my ribcage with her feet there too. I think I am still in shock and in disbelief that now my birth plan has really gone down the drain. When we went in and our doctor started feeling around something did not seem right to her. So we listened to the heart beat which sounded beautiful but it had shifted up towards my left upper side. We then confirmed it with an ultrasound and sure enough sweet little Copelyn was as snug as a rug BUT breech! Ugh...this is what I felt. Then seeing the look of disappointment on my husbands face made me feel even worse. We were presented with two options or technically three. 1. Maybe (just maybe) she will turn right by tomorrow...(Highly unlikely but worth praying for), 2. They could attempt turning her tomorrow in the AM which has a 50% chance of success BUT if it fails and Copelyn's heartbeat drops I will be rushed to a STAT C-section, Scott won't be able to come most likely, and I could potentially be put to sleep because they have to get her out in a minute, OR 3. We just opt for the C-section.

We chose option 1 & 3. We will try to naturally turn her tonight and if that doesn't work we will be headed for a C-section tomorrow at 7:30am. Not how I had planned it at all. But on the bright side I get to hold and kiss my sweet baby tomorrow no matter what. It is so funny to me the way life can go sometimes. It never goes as planned. I wanted an all natural birth, no medicine...nothing! But for whatever reason God had a different plan and he knows best.

As I was driving home I remembered this time last year. I was mourning the loss of our baby we miscarried. I thought I may never get pregnant again. And here I am a day away from holding my daughter. It doesn't matter how she comes into this world. What matters is she has two parents that adore her and a heavenly Father that loves her so much. That is enough to celebrate right there!

I ask that you pray for us tomorrow. However the turn out please just pray for a safe delivery and a happy, healthy baby. Please pray for my husband who gets a little queasy. Please pray for my doctor as she performs surgery on me. I truly feel like one lucky girl. I have a wonderful husband, the best doctor in the world who I can now call my friend, and a healthy, baby girl I get to meet tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment