Monday, November 14, 2011

God Always has a Plan!!

I woke up this morning at 3am and rolled over to check my phone. I never really do this but lately (like 3 different times) I have woke up feeling like I should check my phone.

Last week I woke up to find a text from a friend who had just gone to the hospital. She was 24 weeks pregnant and having some complications. I woke up feeling like I needed to be praying for someone. Sure enough as I checked my phone I realized the reason God had woken me up.

Last night when I woke up at 3 am I had a very sweet email from someone who I had crossed paths with a while back. I will share the email below. The significance of the email is that it is the 52 email I have gotten that my miscarriage story has helped someone in someway. 52!!!! That is just crazy to me. It isn't about the number at all because God prompted me to share my story in hope that one person could be helped by it. It just amazes me that he brought 52 people to my story.

Here is the email I got early this morning. I took out all people identifiers just to protect the person's privacy. I wish I could include all 52 emails because it is so neat to see the way God has used this.

Hey Lauren,

I don't know if you remember me. First off, I have followed your blog and facebook whenever I see it pop up and your words of love, life, faith, and loss really have spoken to me. When people say they are writing just to write and don't know who is reading, well I am and you have a way with your words.

It has been so fun reading about your new journey to becoming a mom. I think your experience with loss has made this journey for the two of you now even sweeter. Someone I know had a miscarriage three months ago and we were wracking our brains on something little we could do for her and ended up we wrote her a card and I included your blog url. A few weeks later she told me that it helped so much to read your posts. I wanted to let you know that.

Even though we are pregnant again with our sweet baby Copelyn, there is not a day that goes by that I don't think about our loss or the journey it took to get through that valley of our lives. There is no sugar coating it...it stunk! Yes, from the outside we appeared to have it together & yes, we tried to bring glory to God through our struggle BUT there were many days we failed. I never forget that some people who read our blog still might be struggling. That is why even through the HAPPY blogs of bragging about our Copelyn or celebrating the milestones we get to in this pregnancy I don't ever forget the hard times we had to endure.

Now that I have reached 27 weeks it doesn't mean it gets any easier. I still have the same worries and same fears but I have total faith in our God.

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see. Hebrews 11:1

Copelyn has still been quite the quiet little one. I just look forward to her little kicks and oh boy can this little girl kick! We don't really have any kind of cravings and I am really not any more hungry than usual. My hubby is trying to make me fat though!! He brings home cupcakes like they are going out of style! Her nursery is almost complete and every wall is covered! I just can't wait until February gets here so I can hold her.

No comments:

Post a Comment