Monday, November 21, 2011

Well hello Third Trimester/28 weeks!!!

Wow I can't believe it is finally here! The final stretch to meeting our sweet Copelyn Reese!! I am feeling great. I really have no discomforts except for one bulging vein in my upper thigh that makes it hard to sit for long periods of time. Other than that though, this little girl has been mighty nice to me. I still am keeping up my exercise routine daily & hoping that can continue until the day I deliver. I joke with the folks at the gym that if my water breaks on the elliptical I will call that SUCCESS! Copelyn moves randomly. Her favorite thing to do is stretch her little booty into my stomach and push out. It makes for a very uncomfortable mommy but after a few pushes she will go back to normal. I just like to think she is dancing in my womb! Copelyn is getting so big!! She weighs two and a quarter pounds and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels.

This past weekend we headed home for our baby shower in Virginia. It was amazing! The shower itself was more than I could have ever imagined and we are so appreciative of everyone who came to celebrate with us. I know one thing is for sure...our Copelyn is very loved. She received so many nice things!! Let's see...a highchair, her first north face jacket, monogrammed outfits, a green little chair for her to sit in with her name on it, and so much more!! I just couldn't wait to get home to organize it all. The best part of the whole weekend was all the people we got to spend time with. It was so nice to be surrounded by so many wonderful people!

Many at the shower wanted to know all the details of the pregnancy thus far and of course they wanted to know my birth plan! Well, the plan is to go all natural. I have read my books and signed up for a class! I am ready to go. Thankfully, Scott is very supportive of this. He wants whatever I feel is best for us both. I have always been the type of person who loved setting extreme goals for myself & seeing them through. I think that is why I love running so much. I could always challenge myself to the next level. I realize there is no medal or award after giving birth to a sweet baby naturally but it is what I have always dreamed of doing and it is what I am going to stick to! So what is my birth plan? Well, the plan is all natural of course but other than that there is no plan. There really is only two things concrete in my birth plan...1. NO CYTOTEC!! and 2. No mention of an epidural. Other than that, God designed me able to do this! Of course I will prepare mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually. I have taken every bit of advice from my neighbor who has done it two times all natural and I will follow her techniques to get little Copelyn here safely.

Oh yall I am just so excited!! Only a few more weeks to go!! I just can't wait. I am so incredibly thankful to God for this precious miracle growing inside of me. It is such an amazing experience!!

Below are pictures from the beautiful shower....


No comments:

Post a Comment