Saturday, November 26, 2011

Copelyn Update/29 weeks

Only one more week in the twenties! Wowzers!! It seems like the end is near and the weeks keep going faster & faster. I find myself staring in the mirror a lot wondering how much bigger this stomach of mine could possibly get but other mothers assure me it will expand to no other these next few weeks. It is getting harder to get out of bed gracefully in the mornings. I kind of have to put my butt into it more and push with my lower back to get this big belly of mine up!

We had our glucose test this last week and a checkup. All I have to say is it took everything within me to keep that syrupy, sugary drink down. Ugh! and then the rest of the day I felt pretty bad. I felt like I had just consumed five pieces of chocolate cake and I was on a sugar high for the next 10 hours! Little Copelyn on the other hand is measuring quite ahead. She has a big belly, chunky legs, and a beautiful face. The only complaint we have is I have developed a pretty significant hernia. I have had it for about 4 weeks but just ignored it. This past week I finally asked the doctor about it because I thought it was a bulging vein. Sure enough, my diagnosis was wrong! It is pretty painful but there is not much you can do for a pregnant women with a hernia. So we just will wait until February to fix that!

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year filled with great company & wonderful food. We spent it with the Urbizo family at their house. We pretty much ended up having every side dish you could think of. A family tradition the Urbizos have is to go around the table & to say what we are thankful for. This was so special and I pretty much cried for every persons little speech. We have so much to be thankful for this year. A healthy baby, a happy family, our health, and most importantly God's grace upon all of our lives. It was around this time last year that we found out we were pregnant with our Surprise baby!! So much has changed since then... We have suffered a great loss, experienced grief, been through marriage growing pains, waited patiently on the Lord, and in the end God always provided. I think back to when I first found out I was pregnant this time last year. Was I thankful? Honestly, probably not like I should have been. I was scared & uneasy because it wasn't part of our plan. But our unfailing God proved time and time again he has the best plan. Three months later when that baby was taken from me our world was shaken and I honestly did not know how to go on. Now looking back I am so thankful God took us through that season of life. It is funny when we are going through the storm we want to stomp our feet and wonder why God? But after we have walked through the valley and for a moment we are standing tall on a mountain we begin to understand God had his hand in all of it. I am so thankful for our Copelyn, I am thankful for our baby in heaven that I will one day meet again, I am thankful for a God who loves me even though I am so undeserving, and I am thankful for my wonderful husband and family! Praise Jesus!!

No comments:

Post a Comment