Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Thanks God for that reality check....

As I strolled through Hobby Lobby looking through all the decorations I became frustrated and very overwhelmed. There was so much that I wanted so badly but knew our one income checking account couldn't afford it right now especially with a baby on the way. I still looked around for about an hour and the more I looked the more frustrated I became.

I had a whole house decorated for Christmas last year and it was beautiful. Why did I need more this year? Why wasn't I content with what I already had?

As I got in my car I felt very convicted to just pray. Then this verse came into my head:
For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Matthew 6:21

See the truth of the matter is I can't take any of this here with me to heaven. If I put my "treasure" in decorating my house that is where my heart will be this holiday season. Instead I need to be putting my treasure in the people I love and God. They are far more important than any kind of stuff I could accumulate.

No comments:

Post a Comment