Monday, September 12, 2011

Gender Reveal Party

When we found out we were pregnant on June 7 we held back every bit of excited emotion. We told ourselves we would not allow our hearts to grow attached until 12 weeks. Well, this is kind of hard to do when God's miracle is growing inside of you. Instead of buying baby clothes or anything baby for that matter...We prayed. We always pray but we knew that all the fear in our hearts could only be handled by one person and that is Jesus. He calmed our hearts and reminded us daily that he designed this little one inside of me.

Then we hit 12 weeks and I thought all the fear would go away. Ha! No not at all. I was waiting for the moment it would all just click and I would jump for joy for the blessing God had given us.

Then around 13 weeks when I was working in the NICU I had one of the doctor's tell me..."Lauren at some point you have to give God COMPLETE control. You need to talk to your baby and tell it that you are so excited!" So I did this.

And we then decided to have a gender reveal party! Some people thought we were crazy but we thought we were cool! haha. Our idea behind it all was to have over all of our family & close friends who prayed with us and were there for us during such a rough time. We wanted to give them thanks in someway. And what better way then to have them over, cook tons of food for them, and tell them the gender of our peanut!

So if you know me at all I am a bit of an Extremist as my sweet mom would say! (I get this from her) When we do something we usually go ALL out. So this all started with designing our invitations.


Then came the center of it all...The cake! We are blessed to have two very special friends who offered to have the cake made for us. It was more than I could have ever imagined. I told her the kind of design I wanted and she went from there!


And the best part was when the grandparents cut inside it was PINK!


Then of course the outside had to be decorated! My wonderful mother made all the bows!!


I tried to create a great menu with food everyone would like! We did Barbeque Chicken Sandwiches, Chicken Salad Sandwiches, Pasta Salad, Sausage Balls, Pigs in a Blanket, Buffalo Chicken Dip, Guacamole, Mexicorn Dip, and Islander Cheese Spread. Thankfully, I had some help from great friends with some of the food!



Here are some of our guests! Unfortunately I did not get a picture of nearly half of them!








Then of course there is Copelyn! If you can't tell she is in my belly!


So all in all, our party was so much fun! We learned very quickly yesterday though that our house is not big enough to hold over 50 people for a party! Next party we have we will make sure to have the backyard done so we can fit more people! We feel so incredibly blessed for all the prayers, love, support, and guidance we have received over these past months. God provided abundantly in every way possible! Praise Him!

1 comment:

  1. So happy for you, Lauren. You are such a great mommy already.
    Love you,
    Mary Anne

    ReplyDelete