Sunday, September 11, 2011

It's a....




Well after a week of holding it in, the cake has finally been cut! And we can announce that our sweet baby is a GIRL! Ahh it feels so good to say it out loud! This post is going to be for how we found out and then I will post later about our gender reveal party!

Last Friday (September 2) Scott & I went to get an ultrasound from this place in Cumming, Georgia. Our appointment was at 4pm and it seemed like the hours just dragged along throughout the day. We brought my dad to this appointment as well because he had been wanting to see an ultrasound. We all showed up & I was wearing yellow...Scott was wearing blue...and my dad was wearing pink! Honestly, none of us planned it that way. As I laid on the ultrasound table I did my normal routine...I closed my eyes tight and waited for someone to tell me the baby was fine. Once I heard those words I opened my eyes and watched our active little peanut on the screen. The ultrasound lady was making small talk and asking us what we were hoping for. Scott immediately said "Boy" and then he followed it with I just know that is what it is. She kind of smirked. About 5 minutes later, Copelyn decided to cooperate and turn so we could see what she was. The lady said, "Well Sir, I am afraid you are wrong. Looks like your baby is a girl." I was ecstatic and shed a few tears. And then I turned to Scott & he had a grin from ear to ear.

This past week has been kind of hard trying to hide it from everyone but I have to say I wouldn't have had it any other way. The party turned out wonderful and now we can celebrate and scream to the heavens...WE ARE HAVING A GIRL!

Copelyn Reese Urbizo will be making her entrance around February 14, 2012. Daddy has already set a few rules into place for the sweet little one. She can't date until at least 35. She can't talk to boys. She has to wear a one-piece to the pool. She has to love her daddy more than her mommy.:) haha

In all reality though, we feel so blessed. Our prayer is for a healthy, happy baby. We also pray for her future and that she has a relationship with her Lord & Savior each and everyday of her life. We pray that we can be wonderful parents to her and even though we know we won't always meet her expectations we pray she will love us unconditionally as we do life together.

We ask that you continue to pray for us and our little one! Thank you all! Yay!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulatoins!!! So happy for you guys!!! You will be a wonderful mommy to that little girl!!

    ReplyDelete